The client of the project Van Meijel needed iReport in their mother tongue, Dutch. So I was asked to conduct a research and check whether it is feasible. I had to search and later I found that localization is facilitated in iReport.
- .Create a Netbeans project for the downloaded iReport source which has built using Netbeans.
- .Go to \iReport-nb\trunk\iReport\ireport-designer\src\com\jaspersoft\ireport\locale Bundle.properties files which listed the key words and translated them into English which are used in the iReport interface.
- . Copy the file and create a new file named “Bundle_du.properties”.
- .Translate the English terms into Dutch or any language you want.
- . Rename the “Bundle.properties” file into “Bundle_en.properties” and “Bundle_du.properties” file into “Bundle.properties”.
- Run the project and you can see that all the strings have translated in to the language you write in the .properties file.